At Arbor, Bioengineers work the interface of computational and wet lab science, systematically searching through nature’s gene diversity to discover and engineer new protein technologies. You will be expected to accelerate our evaluation of novel gene systems by transforming or scaling the efficiency of gene synthesis strategies, high-throughput functional screening, next generation sequencing, and application translation. You will work closely with our diverse team to advance the state of the art in high-throughput protein characterization, and a desire to learn and contribute at every level is a huge plus.
We're looking for experienced biomolecular scientists/engineers and top graduate students/post-docs with:
- MS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering or similar background with 2-4 years or PhD
- 0-2 years post-grad experience (may include relevant internships).
- Strong molecular biology expertise in the areas of plasmid and NGS library construction
- Strong experience analyzing NGS data and diverse other forms of digitized experimental data (qPCR, image analysis, etc)
- Experience building custom NGS technologies
- Robust data analysis and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic, motivation, and broad scientific curiosity
- Enthusiasm for working closely with both scientific team members and software engineering
- Experience designing large scale gene construct or mutagenesis libraries
- Experience developing and scaling high throughput protein functional screens
- Broad knowledge of nucleic acid manipulation techniques
- Comfortable reading/writing Python scripts
is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.