At Arbor, our team consists of scientists with diverse experience from biochemistry to microfluidics. We are looking for a full-time Research Associate to power and develop high-throughput discovery assays. The ideal candidate should have research or industrial experience in standard molecular biology techniques and a desire to learn cutting-edge technologies.
- Routinely perform the established discovery assays
- Independently process both E.coli cultures and cell-free samples
- Optimize assays to increase throughput and performance
- Train on microfluidic prototyping and fabrication
- Document, compile, and analyze experimental data
- Communicate results at team meetings and contribute to project and experiment planning
- Develop and maintain protocols, operational processes, and best practices
- Participate in new technology evaluation, development, and implementation
- Bachelors or Masters degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, bio-engineering, or a related field
- 1-3 years of relevant laboratory or industrial experience with a background in biochemistry and molecular biology
- Highly motivated, driven, and curious with a strong desire to learn new technologies
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Comfortable working independently
- Minimum commitment of 2 years
- Experience with DNA isolation protocols and molecular biology procedures such as PCR
- Experience operating microfluidic devices
- Previous use of liquid handlers and high throughput screening methodologies
is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.