The Application Development team at Arbor Biotechnologies is looking for scientists interested in functioning at the cross section of technology and biotechnology by leveraging the strength of our computational capabilities to further the understanding and applicability of our key assets.
The Scientist, CRISPR Validation and Discovery will have the opportunity to play a key role in testing our latest discoveries in mammalian cells. The successful candidate will contribute to advancing gene editing technology through the characterization and application of newly discovered gene modification tools. This pivotal role will give you the ability to apply your history and knowledge of high throughput screening, cloning and advanced molecular biology, and genome engineering in a way that will influence both the success and strategy of our company.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with the discovery, computation, and protein engineering teams, as well as explore new techniques and areas of application. Our team members have an ability to rapidly iterate and optimize experiments, a strong ability to learn with exceptional self-motivation. With your proven track record in the innovation and execution of mammalian CRISPR application or engineering projects, you will make a great addition.
- A PhD in molecular/cellular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, synthetic biology, systems biology, or a related field with 3 years of productive experimental research experience as demonstrated by achievements in your role.
- Strong demonstrated proficiency with high throughput screening, cloning, and advanced molecular biology experience
- Experience using gene engineering tools (e.g. CRISPR, TALEN, or ZFN) for discovery in mammalian cells.
- Demonstrated track record across multiple projects to prototype innovative applications and efficiently develop them towards high impact results
- Ability to interpret and communicate data across functions and accurately predict timelines and deliverables to internal and external stakeholders
- Hands on experience optimizing gene editing tools and principles (ZFN, TALEN, CRISPR, or DNA base editors). Optimizing CRISPR/Cas9-based gene editing is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with NGS sequencing and analysis as well as experience identifying off-targets is preferred
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Python, Bash, etc.) and previous computer science coursework will be really helpful for the right candidate.
is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.