We have an immediate opening for our first full-time Controller, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. This key financial position will be committed to partnering with all departments within Arbor and work with the CFO to build a "best-in-class" finance organization. This is a terrific opportunity for an extremely motivated individual looking to broaden their operational knowledge by having exposure to tasks across multiple accounting sub-functions, including FP&A, technical accounting, process improvement and information system optimization.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards
- Participate in key areas of the monthly financial close to ensure timely and accurate reporting on financial results
- Ensure that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained including overseeing the maintenance of QuickBooks accounting, Expensify expense reimbursement and installation of purchasing software
- Perform general ledger account analysis and reconciliations
- Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll with supporting resources
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Communicate clearly monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of Company’s financial status
- Assist CFO in the annual budgeting and planning process
- Oversee all financial accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with budgets
- Work in partnership with all other functional areas, continuously collaborating to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations
- Assist CFO in coordinating annual audit activity.
- Devotion to continual process improvement
- Other responsibilities as normally required of Controller
- Bachelor’s degree in accountancy required; 5-7 years of work experience, ideally a mix of public and private accounting in the life science industry
- Knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting standards
- CPA and/or public accounting background is a plus
- Strong analytical skill set and proactive approach
- Incredibly detail-oriented and results driven
- Collaborative team player, while also comfortable operating autonomously
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Familiarity with accounting applications such as Quickbooks and Expensify
- Exemplary planning skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Willingness to be hands on and get heavily involved in transaction details
- Must be able to work full time at the Company’s office in Cambridge, MA
- Strong intellect with excellent interpersonal skills, good judgment, sound business sense and self-confidence in decision-making.
- Quick study with a high level of energy and commitment, drive and ambition.
- Ability to build relationships and influence decision-making in a fast-paced environment
- Appreciation and passion for the goals of the organization and personal achievement
- Familiarity with Google Apps
About Arbor:Arbor Biotechnologies
is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.