is seeking an experienced individual to lead application development efforts for newly discovered protein systems. As Associate Director, Application Development
, you will be responsible for team building, goal development, and managing application development projects critical to the productization of Arbor’s discoveries through both internal initiatives and partnerships. You will work with program managers to track execution of scientific programs to ensure that key milestones are met for up to three fully-funded discovery research partnerships. The Associate Director, Application Development must be comfortable working with highly interdisciplinary teams towards objectives spanning the translation of novel CRISPR systems for diverse genome engineering applications, engineering of protein systems for application-directed optimization. Long term, this individual is expected to participate in application brainstorming, evaluation, and development for additional diverse bioactivities accompanying the diversification of Arbor’s discovery pipelines. Previous discovery research, team building, and management experience is required.
- Demonstrated expertise with mammalian genome engineering/CRISPR
- Demonstrated expertise with protein engineering
- Experience ‘thinking at scale’ (e.g., with screening, high throughput mutagenesis, etc.)
- Experience managing a team of 5+ (Sr.) Scientists/(Sr.) Protein engineers/RAs
- Demonstrated ability to source talent and build teams
- Experience developing a detailed scientific plans, setting goals, managing timelines, and making decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including people management, time management, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Must be an innovative, organized self-starter with the ability to handle multiple activities.
- Willing and able to learn new skills to meet changing needs of the organization
- Graduate degree in a biological science or other related scientific area, Ph.D. preferred
- Ability to start as soon as possible
- Enthusiasm to roll up sleeves and execute aspects of scientific work to maintain goals during early stages of team building
- Comfortable at the intersection of computer science and biotech
- Experience working with medium to large biotech or pharma research organizations
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience and minimum commitment of 2 years
is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.