We are looking for a Scientific Operations Associate (part-time) to play a vital role in supporting the day-to-day operations of a fast-paced and rapidly growing laboratory. At Arbor, we employ a diverse set of techniques, from microbiology to biochemistry to molecular biology, in order to mine natural genetic diversity for impactful peptides, proteins, and enzymes. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in a laboratory, excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills, with the ability and self-motivation to work independently. Please include a cover letter with your application.
- Evaluating and maintaining stock of consumables and reagents
- Executing shipping and receiving duties
- Performing routine biological procedures such as preparing agar plates and aliquoting reagents
- Completing basic laboratory tasks such as washing glassware and sterilizing (i.e., autoclaving) supplies
- Contributing to the organization and overall cleanliness of the laboratory
- Supporting scientific staff in other areas as necessary
- Prior laboratory experience
- Part-time schedule (4-6 hours/day, 2-3 days/week)
- Associate’s degree (or higher) in a scientific discipline
- Familiarity with aseptic technique and BSL-1 best practices
- Ability to start as soon as possible
is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.