The Application Development team at Arbor Biotechnologies is looking for scientists interested in functioning at the cross section of technology and biotechnology. Our team is leveraging the strength of Arbor’s computational capabilities to further the understanding and applicability of our key assets to advance the treatment of human health.
The Senior Scientist/Scientist, Translational Discovery and Application will have the opportunity to take on the critical and highly visible role of advancing our latest discoveries by illuminating and elucidating their therapeutic applications. The successful candidate will bring their experience with primary human and/or murine cell engineering, AAV or CRISPR RNPs and a continued desire to learn additional skills. The successful applicant will have demonstrated skills in designing and executing proof of concept projects in the field of gene therapy. She/he will combine these skills and a desire to lead and mentor their team members in moving Arbor’s frontier of therapeutic capabilities forward.
As we foster and promote a very collaborative environment, you will have the opportunity and the obligation to work closely with the discovery, computation, and protein engineering teams, as well as to continue to explore new techniques for your professional growth. As this role is at the forefront of Arbor’s evolution, you will have the opportunity to partner with our business development and scientific strategy teams, further solidifying the understanding and appreciation of our capabilities for internal and external translational development. Our team members have an ability to rapidly iterate and optimize experiments, a strong ability to learn with exceptional self-motivation. With your proven track record in translational discovery, you will make a great addition.
- A PhD in molecular/cellular biology, genetics, biochemistry, bioengineering, synthetic biology, systems biology, or a related field with 3 years of productive experimental research experience as demonstrated by achievements in your role.
- Strong demonstrated proficiency with primary human and/or murine cell engineering, AAV and/or CRISPR RNPs.
- Experience using gene engineering tools (e.g. CRISPR, TALEN, or ZFN) for cell or gene therapy applications.
- Demonstrated track record across multiple projects to prototype innovative applications and efficiently develop them towards high impact results
- Ability to interpret and communicate data across functions and accurately predict timelines and deliverables to internal and external stakeholders
- Hands on experience optimizing gene editing tools and principles (ZFN, TALEN, CRISPR, or DNA base editors). Optimizing CRISPR/Cas9-based gene editing is strongly preferred.
- Experience designing functional assays establishing pre-clinical models is a plus.
- Previous experience with NGS sequencing and analysis as well as experience identifying off-targets is preferred
is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.