At Arbor, we are incredibly proud of the team, values, and spirit that have made our progress possible thus far. We also recognize that it will require special, deliberate attention to preserve these aspects of our culture we continue growing the team. As a full-time Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will play a key role in ensuring that we are able to attract and recruit exceptional individuals for any role at Arbor. This role will work closely with our operations and scientific teams to ensure that we are building a presence in the space, as well as lasting relationships with quality candidates. The ideal candidate will have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, a background in the life sciences to speak convincingly to candidates about our work, high emotional intelligence, attention to detail, as well as have experience (or a knack for) implementing organized, data-driven workflows. Having a problem solving mentality and self motivation is a must. Please submit a cover letter as well as a resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Work with Arbor team to understand hiring needs and develop candidate profiles
- Actively research and build talent pools from digging into the scientific literature, understanding the biotechnology landscape, and building connections with peers
- Maintain positive and active relationships between Arbor and promising candidates
- Manage all current job board postings and identify new avenues for broadening the applicant funnel
- Work closely with People Operations to ensure recruitment is informed by company culture and diversity initiatives at Arbor
- Initiate and manage relationships with external recruiting partners
- BA/BS in life sciences or specific industry recruitment experience
- Ability to articulate high-level scientific and technical concepts clearly, succinctly, and convincingly
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Devotion to continual process improvement
- Previous experience in developing or maintaining recruiting pipelines
- Previous experience as a technical recruiter
- Familiarity with Google Suite
- Ability to start as soon as possible
- Previous experience with rapidly growing teams or startup environments
is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.