Are you exceptionally organized, process-oriented, and meticulous in the wet lab? Do you like optimizing, trying out new workflows to see what works best, and then sharing your knowledge with colleagues? Would you enjoy enhancing the productivity of Arbor’s scientists, computational and experimental alike? As the Lab Manager/Scientific Operations Associate, you will play this essential role in our discovery processes.
Your work will involve executing and automating routine tasks, such as lab management, reagent ordering, and equipment upkeep. However, a key responsibility of your role will also be enhancement, not just maintenance. The ideal candidate will have significant wet lab experience that enables them to understand and support key aspects of experimental science, but also have the capacity to build processes that increase the scale and efficiency of our scientific work by developing innovative new processes together with scientists.
You’ll be supported by a great team who take active ownership of developing and iterating best practices alongside you. We look forward to working together to push the boundaries of biodiscovery.
- At least 3 years of experimental research experience in a wet laboratory (industry or academic)
- BS or Masters in molecular/cellular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, synthetic biology, systems biology, or a related field
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated willingness to explore and innovate new tools, workflows, and organizational methods
- Quick learner and problem solver
- Ability to start as soon as possible
- Familiarity with BSL1&2 best practices
- Previous experience with lab management, project management, budgeting
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Python, Bash, etc.)
- Liquid handling automation experience
- Minimum commitment of 2 years
is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.