is seeking an experienced individual to manage up to three fully-funded discovery research projects. As Program Director
, you will be responsible for overall planning, coordinating, and managing projects of the highest strategic importance to Arbor. You will work with scientific program leaders to oversee, organize, and shape research programs to ensure that all goals and milestones are met per agreed upon project specifications. The Program Director sets the agenda and chairs recurring project team meetings, and ensures effective cross-functional communications between team members. Previous discovery research and project team experience is required.
- Proven discovery program management experience within the pharmaceutical or biotech industries. Minimum 3–5 years discovery project management experience, with 2+ years in a formal leadership role.
- Experience developing a detailed integrated program plan, managing timelines and a budget, and making decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including people management, time management, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Must be an innovative, driven, highly organized self-starter with the ability to handle multiple activities.
- Proven ability in negotiating, influencing and collaboration skills.
- Willing and able to learn new skills to meet changing needs of the organization.
- Graduate degree in a biological science or other related scientific area, Ph.D. preferred
- Ability to start as soon as possible
- Comfort working with large data sets and high-throughput biology
- Experience with gene editing or genome engineering
- Experience working with large biotech or pharma research organizations
- Minimum commitment of 3 years
About Arbor:Arbor Biotechnologies
is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.