At Arbor, you will be at the cutting edge of biodiscovery, working with our computational team to curate and experimentally characterize valuable new proteins and enzymes from nature. The Discovery Scientist role requires the synthesis of many streams of information, whether from genomic and metagenomic analysis, experimental assays, or from unmet needs in human health and sustainability, towards exploring new protein functions. You will be expected to spearhead experimental efforts, learn and adapt new techniques, and work efficiently within a small team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in execution and completion of diverse research projects, ability to rapidly iterate experiments, a strong desire to learn, and the self-motivation to push projects independently.
- PhD (with +1 year of industry experience) or Masters (with +3 years of industry experience) in molecular/cellular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, systems biology, or a related field
- Previous experience working with CRISPR gene editing systems in mammalian tissue culture and in vitro transfection
- Previous experience with bacterial protein expression, purification and optimization
- Previous experience with molecular cloning and in vitro transcription
- Demonstrated ability to learn new techniques and technologies quickly and execute them towards high impact results across multiple projects
- Strong work ethic, motivation, creativity, and scientific curiosity
- Previous experience with next generation sequencing library design and production
- Ability to start as soon as possible
- Minimum commitment of 2 years
is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.