We are looking for a full-time research associate to join our protein production team. Our team consists of scientists with diverse experiences from bioprocessing engineering to microbiology and molecular biology. The ideal candidate will have significant research or industrial experiences in protein bioprocessing, protein expression and purification, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, a strong desire to learn, and the ability and self-motivation to work independently.
- Perform protein expression in bacteria and protein purification.
- Optimize protein manufacturing processes and formulations
- Perform QC assays
- Document, compile, and analyze experimental data
- Communicate results at team meetings, contribute to project and experiment planning
- Develop and maintain protocols, operational processes, and best practices
- Participate in new technology evaluation, development, and implementation
- Bachelor’s or more advanced degree in bioprocessing engineering, biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related field
- Previous laboratory or industrial experiences with strong knowledge of bioprocessing, protein purification, biochemistry and molecular biology
- Strong work ethic and motivation with attention to detail and a meticulous streak
- Minimum commitment of 2 years
- Ability to start as soon as possible
- Experience with AKTA FPLC system and protein bioprocessing engineering
- Knowledge of designing and implementing standard operation procedure (SOP) and quality control (QC).
is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.