At Arbor, Bioengineers work the interface of computational and wet lab science, systematically searching through nature’s gene diversity to discover and engineer new protein technologies. You will be expected to accelerate our evaluation of novel gene systems by transforming or scaling the efficiency of gene synthesis strategies, high-throughput functional screening, and application translation. You will work closely with our diverse team to advance the state of the art in high-throughput protein characterization, and a desire to learn and contribute at every level is a huge plus.
We're looking for experienced engineers and top graduate students / post-docs with:
- Strong molecular biology expertise in the areas of plasmid and NGS library construction
- Experience developing and scaling high throughput protein functional screens
- Strong experience analyzing NGS data and diverse other forms of digitized experimental data (qPCR, image analysis, etc)
- Robust data analysis and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic, motivation, and scientific curiosity
- Enthusiasm for working closely with both software engineering and scientific team members
- At least 2 years of experience or industry internships
- Experience designing large scale gene construct or mutagenesis libraries
is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.