is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
With rapidly decreasing DNA sequencing costs, we are able to look at the genomes of many organisms for the first time. At Arbor, you will be at the cutting edge of biodiscovery, systematically searching through nature’s gene diversity to discover and engineer new protein technologies for improving human health and sustainability. You will be expected to tackle a wide range of problems, including 1) analysis of genetic search results, 2) development of gene synthesis strategies for experimental testing, 3) development of analysis strategies for experimental data taking into account both biological and technical factors, 4) development of production quality graphics to clearly communicate genetic search and experimental results. Our incredible scientific team is advancing the state of the art in high-throughput protein characterization with new technologies, and a desire to learn and contribute at every level is a huge plus.
We're looking for experienced engineers and top graduate students / post-docs with:
- Strong experience analyzing NGS data and diverse other forms of digitized experimental data (qPCR, image analysis, etc)
- Strong understanding of genetics and molecular biology and technical factors underlying NGS data
- Experience working with genomic sequence and gene annotation data
- Robust data analysis skills, and ability to prepare results for presentation to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong work ethic, motivation, and scientific curiosity
- Enthusiasm for working closely with both engineering and scientific team members
- At least 2 years of experience or industry internships
- Experience designing large scale gene construct or mutagenesis libraries