is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
We are looking for a full-time research associate to join our experimental team. Our laboratory uses a diverse set of techniques, from biochemistry to molecular biology to mammalian cell culture, in order to mine and translate natural genetic diversity for impactful peptides, proteins, and enzymes. The ideal candidate will have significant research experience, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, a strong desire to learn, and the ability and self-motivation to work independently.
- Familiarity with a number of cell culture techniques, such as transfection, electroporation, viral transduction, stable line generation
- Perform molecular biology processes, including RNA/DNA/protein extraction from cells, purification, PCR, cloning
- Participate in new technology evaluation, development, and implementation
- Document, compile, and analyze experimental data
- Communicate results at team meetings, contribute to project and experiment planning
- Develop and maintain protocols, operational processes, and best practices
- Bachelor’s or more advanced degree in molecular/cellular biology, chemistry, or a related field
- Previous laboratory experience with strong knowledge of molecular biology, molecular cloning, mammalian cell culture
- Strong work ethic and motivation with attention to detail and a meticulous streak
- Minimum commitment of 2 years
- Ability to start as soon as possible
- Knowledge of design and execution of screening techniques (pooled or arrayed) in mammalian cells
- Previous experience with viral vector work such as lentivirus, AAV
- Previous experience with gene editing systems
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Python, Bash, etc.) and computer science coursework