At Arbor, we are uncovering a rich diversity of protein systems from nature using our discovery platform. As an Applications Development Scientist, your role will be to harness and further engineer those systems to enable impactful applications. The role is intentionally broad in scope, relying on your initiative, creativity, and technical abilities to spearhead focused application development projects. You will be expected to work closely with the discovery teams, learn and adapt new techniques, and efficiently work towards application proof of concepts. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in the innovation and execution of application development projects, ability to rapidly iterate and optimize experiments, a strong ability to learn, and exceptional self-motivation.
We're looking for experienced engineers and top graduate students / post-docs with:
- PhD or Masters in molecular/cellular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, synthetic biology, systems biology, or a related field
- Demonstrated ability across multiple projects to prototype innovative applications and efficiently develop them towards high impact results
- Strong work ethic, motivation, creativity, scientific curiosity
- At least 3 years of experimental research experience (industry or academic)
- Ability to start as soon as possible
- Previous experience with next generation sequencing library design and production
- Previous experience with mammalian cell culture
- Previous experience working with CRISPR-Cas gene editing systems
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Python, Bash, etc.) and previous computer science coursework
- Minimum commitment of 2 years
is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.