is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
At Arbor, you will be at the cutting edge of biodiscovery, working with our computational team to curate and experimentally characterize valuable new proteins, peptides, and enzymes from nature. This is a discovery role, requiring the synthesis of many streams of information, whether from genomic and metagenomic analysis, experimental assays, or needs in human health and sustainability, towards exploring new protein functions. You will be expected to spearhead experimental efforts, learn and adapt new techniques, and work efficiently within a small team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in execution and completion of diverse research projects, ability to rapidly iterate experiments, a strong desire to learn, and the self-motivation to push projects independently.
- PhD or Masters in molecular/cellular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, synthetic biology, systems biology, or a related field
- Demonstrated ability across multiple projects to learn new techniques and technologies quickly and execute them towards high impact results
- Strong work ethic, motivation, creativity, scientific curiosity
- At least 3 years of experimental research experience (industry or academic)
- Ability to start as soon as possible
- Previous experience with next generation sequencing design, execution, and customization
- Previous experience with mammalian cell culture
- Previous experience working with CRISPR-Cas gene editing systems
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Python, Bash, etc.) and previous computer science coursework
- Minimum commitment of 2 years