At Arbor, we are uncovering a rich diversity of CRISPR systems from nature using our discovery platform. As a CRISPR Genome Engineering Scientist, your role will be to harness and further engineer those systems to enable impactful applications, with a particular focus on their application in mammalian cells to demonstrate translational potential. The role is intentionally broad in scope, relying on your initiative, creativity, and technical abilities to spearhead focused application proof of concepts or optimization projects. You will be expected to work closely with both the discovery and protein engineering teams, as well as explore new techniques and areas of application. The ideal candidate will have an ability to rapidly iterate and optimize experiments, a strong ability to learn, exceptional self-motivation, and a proven track record in the innovation and execution of mammalian CRISPR application or engineering projects.
We're looking for experienced engineers and top graduate students / post-docs with:
- PhD or Masters in molecular/cellular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, synthetic biology, systems biology, or a related field
- Demonstrated track record across multiple projects to prototype innovative applications and efficiently develop them towards high impact results
- Strong work ethic, motivation, creativity, scientific curiosity
- At least 3 years of experimental research experience (industry or academic)
- Previous experience working with CRISPR-Cas gene editing systems in mammalian contexts (model cell lines, in vivo animal models, etc.)
- Previous experience with protein engineering (mutagenesis, rational design, etc)
- Familiarity with next generation sequencing library design and production
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Python, Bash, etc.) and previous computer science coursework
- Ability to start as soon as possible
- Minimum commitment of 2 years
is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.