is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
With rapidly decreasing DNA sequencing costs, we are able to look at the genomes of many organisms for the first time. At Arbor, you will be at the cutting edge of biodiscovery, systematically searching through nature’s diversity to discover and engineer new technologies for improving human health and sustainability. You will be expected to tackle a wide range of problems, from engineering large-scale data processing pipelines to finding novel uses of machine learning. Our incredible scientific team is advancing the state of the art in high-throughput protein characterization with new technologies, and a desire to learn and contribute at every level is a huge plus.
We're looking for experienced engineers and top graduate students / post-docs with:
- Strong software engineering and interpersonal skills
- Experience building production-quality systems for data collection and normalization
- Success applying a range of machine learning algorithms on real world data sets
- Robust data analysis skills, and ability to present results to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A demonstrated ability to spin up quickly and have a high impact across multiple domains
- At least 1-2 years of experience or industry internships