At Arbor, Computational Biologists develop and scale production data processing pipelines to tackle a wide range of problems, including 1) analysis of novel gene systems, 2) development of gene synthesis strategies for experimental testing, 3) analysis of experimental data taking into account both biological and technical factors, 4) development of production quality graphics to clearly communicate genetic search and experimental results. You will work closely with our diverse team to advance the state of the art in high-throughput protein characterization, and a desire to learn and contribute at every level is a huge plus.
We're looking for experienced engineers and top graduate students / post-docs with:
- Strong experience analyzing large volumes of NGS data and other forms of digitized experimental data (qPCR, image analysis, etc)
- Strong understanding of technical factors underlying NGS data
- Experience developing and scaling multi-stage data processing pipelines
- Strong command of answering precise questions using complex datasets
- Ability to prepare results for presentation to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong work ethic, motivation, and scientific curiosity
- Enthusiasm for working closely with both engineering and scientific team members
- At least 2 years of experience or industry internships
- Experience developing front-end interfaces for data display and interactivity
- Experience applying machine learning to complex datasets
is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.