What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a dynamic individual to lead the Supply Chain and Manufacturing team at Arable. Mark, the Sensor device that Arable develops, collects a unique data set that is core to our business. We are scaling a global network that creates unprecedented access to high-quality data in agriculture. This is a rare opportunity to get in at the early stages of a great team, help lead a growing company as it scales, and become a leader in the industry. If you get excited by super challenging problems, that if solved can have a real positive impact on the world, this may be the role for you.
What We Do:
At Arable, our goal is to connect all the world’s farms and provide the highest-quality data to power predictive analytics that will help optimize the global food system. The need has never been greater to rethink how we will feed an ever-growing population and better manage our natural resources. We believe the heart of the solution to these challenges lies in digitizing the analog world with high-fidelity data to help food producers optimize their operations. If successful, we hope the impact of our work will improve the lives of farmers everywhere, help reduce greenhouse gas emissions and be a major contribution to securing the global food supply.
A few examples of the work we’re doing today:
- Helping farmers across Europe, Latin America, and Asia to reduce pesticide usage through advanced data and analytic techniques.
- Giving growers from California to Australia the tools to better manage irrigation and protect our water supply.
- Providing tools to researchers and agronomists to better predict and understand crop outcomes.
What You Will Do:
The focus of this role is to identify, qualify and manage suppliers that can manufacture and distribute Arable’s products. We are looking for an expert with real-world thinking experience in the following areas:
- Global sourcing, identify and qualify suppliers.
- Manage supplier quality, purchasing, logistics, and inventory.
- Develop and manage key strategic supplier relationships.
- Perform on-site assessment of supplier capabilities and quality systems.
- Identify cost-saving, cost avoidance, and value enhancement initiatives to drive COGS down.
- Work closely with HW engineering to ensure that products are developed for cost-efficient manufacturing.
- Prevent inventory shortages or excesses through proactive inventory management and purchasing.
- Establish production plans to meet delivery demands and minimize backlogs.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all shipping and receiving functions.
- Manage, train, and coach team members.
- Drive process improvements for inventory, manufacturing, and production control systems.
- Troubleshoot and solve time-sensitive problems.
Experience & Skill Requirements:
- 10 plus years of Supply Chain and/or Materials Management experience.
- 5 plus years experience managing a team.
- Solid grasp of the electronics industry.
- Experience with outdoor IoT devices and sensors is a plus.
- New Product Introduction, NPI
- Strong communication skills with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Self-Starter that is able to identify and prioritize what needs to be done
- Direct international experience preferably working with vendors in North America and Asia.
- Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously—without sacrificing quality.
- Excellent ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor's degree is required in supply chain management, business, industrial, process engineering, or related field.
What We Offer:
At Arable you will be joining a company of dedicated team players who bring together diverse expertise and a passion for building a more sustainable future. You’ll find no shortage of lively conversation around the lunch table about the food we eat and how it is produced. We are a fast-moving startup committed to providing a rewarding employee experience through the work we do, the team, compensation, and benefits including:
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k program.
- Ability to work closely with customers who are hungry for our product, and where can make a positive impact on their livelihood and the world.
- A focus on community involvement and career development.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.