What we’re looking for:
Arable is looking for an experienced technologist to lead our technical vision and teams across our connected device platform, data science systems, API platform, and web & mobile applications. If you’re motivated by working on the complex technical problems that can have a real positive impact on the world, we’d love to talk!
What we do:
At Arable, our goal is to connect all the world’s farms and provide the highest-quality data to power predictive analytics that will help optimize the global food system. This is an ambitious goal, but the need has never been greater to rethink how we will feed ever growing population and reduce our impact on natural resources. We believe the heart of the solution is digitizing the analog world with high-fidelity data to help food producers optimize their operations. If successful, we hope the impact of our work will improve the lives of farmers everywhere and be a major contribution to securing the global food supply for decades to come.
A few examples of the work we’re doing today:
- Helping farmers in India get what they need most: insurance in tough years.
- Giving produce growers in California the tools to optimize yields and minimize waste
- Helping irrigated farmers in Nebraska manage water more efficiently and sustainably to protect our water supply
What you will do:
- Set the technical vision, including overall architecture, selection of technologies, and tie-in to company strategy
- Hire, develop and manage a high-performing team of engineers across diverse technical disciplines
- Operate as a strategic leader on the executive team of a growing startup
- Work closely with all functions to align technical vision with company strategy and customer needs
- Establish a culture of excellence in engineering that translates into a quality product experience for the end user
- Define technology standards and best practices and ensure they are effectively adopted by all teams
- Work across teams to plan development and set realistic but aggressive timelines
What you bring - basic qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience building consumer/enterprise scale IoT+ML+Web/Mobile app products
- 5+ years experience building, managing, and coaching software and data engineering teams
- Exceptional knowledge of IoT, cloud, ML, and web & mobile technologies and architectures, existing and emerging.
- BS/BA or Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant technical field
- Proven ability to deliver, consumer-scale, enterprise-grade data systems and applications
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
What We Offer:
At Arable you will be joining a company of dedicated team players who bring together diverse expertise and a passion for building a more sustainable future. You’ll find no shortage of lively conversation around the lunch table about the food we eat and how it is produced. We are a fast-moving startup committed to providing a rewarding employee experience through the work we do, the team, compensation, and benefits including:
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k program
- Ability to work closely with customers who are hungry for our product, and where can make a positive impact on their livelihood and the world
- A focus on community involvement and career development
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.