Software Engineer- Data Analytics Platform
We are looking for a platform engineer to build out a petabyte-scale data processing system and integrate that data system with a publicly facing API platform and SDKs.
About This Role
As a Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, testing, and deployment of products that help companies communicate with and understand their customers in deep and personal ways. We service over a million API requests per minute and our SDK is installed on over 2 billion devices around the world. We are a small team ~20 engineers and our technology stack is built with Scala, nodejs, and Ruby on Rails, running on Cassandra, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, and Kafka entirely in AWS.
What you will do
- Design, plan and deploy large-scale web applications
- Write performant, maintainable code that is easy to read and well-documented
- Write automated tests to thoroughly validate the correctness of your code
- Collaborate closely with other developers and members of the Apptentive team
- Deploy code via Docker/Kubernetes/Helm on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Participate in lean/agile development process that focuses on customer value delivery, low latency engineering practices, and individual developer ownership
What you should have
- 3+ years software development experience, preferably for a B2B SaaS product and/or in a successful startup environment
- Solid experience with REST and API design
- Expert level familiarity with high throughput and low latency event-driven systems
- Experience with a broad range of tools, frameworks, and libraries, preferably including one or more of Big Data and Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Service-Oriented Architectures, NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB), ElasticSearch, Kafka, and Distributed Computing
- The curiosity and desire to stay current on these and related rapidly evolving topics
- Passion about the possibilities of mobile, the magic of great customer experiences, and having fun while working hard
- Desire to share knowledge and work closely with teammates
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO) and generous family leave policies
- 401k, HRA/FSA and monthly Orca pass
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid professional development (conferences/courses)
- A chance to build something great with other amazing people
How We Work
- We have ownership of how we complete work and take responsibility for our outcomes
- We are creative in how we approach problems and deliver pragmatically
- We share information and learn from each other
- We pride ourselves on being adaptable because change is a constant
- We focus on the customer to give them a voice
- We make mistakes, learn and improve as we iterate
- We focus on delivering value quickly and iterating on lessons learned
How We Do Not Work
- We are not aggressive or competitive with each other, and we greatly appreciate diverse thinking
- We are not defined by our roles. We get opportunities to work on new areas to expand our knowledge and abilities
- We don’t work at all hours, because we have friends and families, and they are important to us
This position is based at Apptentive in Downtown Seattle and offers competitive salary and benefits.
We encourage diverse candidates to apply! Apptentive values diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status or parental status.
Principals only -- No recruiters, please. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.