Mobile Software Engineer
Apptentive is looking for a Mobile Software Engineer who is passionate about multi-platform SDK development built on consumer-friendly APIs and has experience working in an agile environment.
About This Role
As a Mobile Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, creating, building, and supporting our next generation mobile SDKs that change how the world’s biggest brands communicate with their end consumers. You will directly contribute to our vision to provide a Voice for Every Customer. Our products service a million API requests per minute and our SDKs are installed on over 1.75 billion devices around the world.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Write, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to define, design, and ship new features.
- Provide technical code reviews and participate in pair programming sessions.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Be a developer advocate for the company SDKs.
- Work collaboratively in a scrum environment
Qualifications (what you have):
- 3+ years of Android and/or iOS development experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the latest mobile development practices.
- Experience with asynchronous programming and concurrent APIs.
- Experience with Android Architecture Components, nice to have experience with iOS system frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of application testing frameworks (Espresso, Robolectric, etc).
- Familiarity with Apple Human Interface Guidelines and Android Material Design
- Working knowledge of modern best practices: reactive programming, dependency injection, and modular development.
- Experience with Git is required
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO) and generous family leave policies
- 401k, HRA/FSA and monthly Orca pass
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid professional development (conferences/courses)
- A chance to build something great with other amazing people
How We Work
- We have ownership of how we complete work and take responsibility for our outcomes
- We are creative in how we approach problems and deliver pragmatically
- We share information and learn from each other
- We pride ourselves on being adaptable because change is a constant
- We focus on the customer to give them a voice
- We make mistakes, learn and improve as we iterate
- We focus on delivering value quickly and iterating on lessons learned
How We Do Not Work
- We are not aggressive or competitive with each other, and we greatly appreciate diverse thinking
- We are not defined by our roles. We get opportunities to work on new areas to expand our knowledge and abilities
- We don’t work at all hours, because we have friends and families, and they are important to us
This position is based at Apptentive in Downtown Seattle and offers competitive salary and benefits.
We encourage diverse candidates to apply! Apptentive values diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status or parental status.
Principals only -- No recruiters, please. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.