The Apptentive Team
You’ll be joining a team that is passionate about building great communications products and delivering customer love. We truly believe that companies can develop meaningful and valuable relationships with their customers and that our software can become the key to a more personal and mobile world.
About This Role
Our Solutions Engineer will join our Customer Success team. This team is a cultural touchstone for the company. Everything we are building is focused on fostering great customer relationships, so our Customer Success team must be absolutely world-class.
You will partner closely with the Sales team to help accelerate our new and existing client growth. As the dedicated technical sales resource, you will be responsible for technically scoping projects, helping customers to understand our SDKs and API, and the effort needed to onboard as an Apptentive customer. We work with F1000 companies, so you will work with large brands like Zillow, Starbucks, McDonald’s, eBay, Disney, Alaska Airlines, Marriott and Concur. You will have considerable influence with regards to setting standards and collaborating with Apptentive Leadership on how Sales/Solutions Engineering at Apptentive evolves.
What you will be responsible for:
- Partnering with Sales to win new business and grow existing accounts. This includes demonstrating the value of the Apptentive solution, particularly when it comes to more complex/technical conversations.
- Setting customers up for successful onboarding and long-term success by ensuring they understand the depth and value of the product, setting clear expectations and technically scoping and vetting the solution during the sales process.
- Streamlining intersecting operations across Sales, Engineering, Product and Customer Success.
- Working closely with Product team to ensure product roadmap matches market needs.
- Onboarding customers.
- Support InfoSec process and responding to vendor security questionnaires.
- Travel 25-40% of your time to meet with prospects/customers.
What you should have:
- Be customer-obsessed
- Understanding of SDK’s and API’s
- The ability and desire to explain technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences of any size
- Strong technical background and the ability to learn and understand new technical concepts quickly
- Experience working with Fortune 500 customers in a B2B SaaS/Software capacity.
- 3-5 years experience in Sales/Solutions Engineering
- Working with Salesforce or similar CRM tool a plus
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO) and generous family leave policies
- 401k, HRA/FSA and monthly Orca pass
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid professional development (conferences/courses)
- A chance to build something great with other amazing people
This position can be based in Seattle, Michigan, Illinois or North Carolina
We encourage diverse candidates to apply! Apptentive values diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status or parental status.
Principals only -- No recruiters, please. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.