Market Development Representative
The Apptentive Team
You’ll be joining a team that is passionate about building great customer engagement products and delivering customer love. We truly believe that companies can develop meaningful and valuable relationships with their customers and that our software can become the key to a more personal and mobile world.
About This Role
As a Market Development Representative at Apptentive, you will be responsible for lead generation. You will live at the intersection of sales and marketing to ensure smooth processes linking these two important business functions. You will primarily manage inbound requests for information while also hunting for opportunities from marketing qualified lead. You will work closely with our sales team to ensure seamless 'lead' to 'opportunity' handoffs and proper outbound qualification. You will also work very closely with our marketing team to manage lead nurturing programs via marketing automation and to provide valuable frontline prospect information to guide content marketing efforts. This is a growth role, meaning advancement into sales or other parts of the organization is what you can expect.
Some of the projects you’ll be driving include:
- Making outbound contact with prospective clients over phone and email
- Documenting prospect interactions in Salesforce to ensure efficient lead management
- Quickly learning the technical aspects of our product, effectively communicating the value proposition and be able to react to objections and questions
- Proactively managing schedule, pipeline and campaigns in order to meet milestones and objectives
- Developing relationships with prospects based on consultative selling techniques
- Developing and executing on a strong prospecting plan of attack, including email/call scripts, audience segmentation and approach
- Scheduling meetings between prospects and Apptentive account executives
- Meeting or exceeding quota through qualification
Successful applicants will have all or some of the following:
- Self-directed, with a sense of urgency and a bias for action and data based decision making
- Experience/interest in the mobile industry
- Strong communication skills, including writing, listening and asking questions.
- Experience with Salesforce, LinkedIn, and Outreach.IO is preferred but not required
Apptentive helps thousands of companies use their mobile applications to build deeper, more meaningful relationships with millions of people around the world. We believe software is powering more relationships than ever before and that we can help make software about People. We’re building the platform to power customer communication for the modern business. We’re a rapidly growing, well-funded company based in Seattle that’s passionate about building great products with a fun, dedicated hardworking team.
This position is based at Apptentive in Downtown Seattle, Washington and offers competitive salary and benefits.
Apptentive is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status.