About This Role
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, testing, and deployment of products that help companies communicate with their customers in deep and personal ways. We service over 2 billion API requests per day and our SDK is installed on over 2.4 billion devices around the world. We are a small team <15 engineers and our technology stack is built in Ruby on Rails, Scala, Python, and React running on Cassandra, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, and Kafka. We run our services within containers using continuous integration and deployment on top of Kubernetes on AWS.
Success in this role requires:
- 3 or more years software development experience, preferably for a B2B SaaS product and/or in a successful startup environment.
- Expert level familiarity with Ruby (legacy system). Scala, nice to have (new architecture)
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with a broad range of tools, frameworks, and libraries; Service-Oriented Architectures, NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB), ElasticSearch, Kafka, and Distributed Computing. The curiosity and desire to stay current on these and related rapidly evolving topics.
- Strong REST and API design.
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related experience.
- The ability and desire to collaborate closely with other developers and members of the Apptentive team. The belief that diverse teams do better work.
Apptentive helps thousands of companies build deeper, more meaningful relationships with millions of people around the world. We believe software is powering more relationships than ever before and that we can help make software about People. We’re building the platform to power customer communication for the modern business. We’re a rapidly growing, well-funded startup based in Seattle that’s passionate about building great products with a fun, dedicated hard-working team.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO) and generous family leave policies
- 401k, HRA/FSA and monthly Orca pass
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% premiums paid
- Paid professional development (conferences/courses)
- A chance to build something great with other amazing people
How We Work
- We have ownership on how we complete work and take responsibility for our outcomes
- We share information and learn from each other
- We pride ourselves on being adaptable because change is a constant
- We focus on the customer to give them a voice
- We make mistakes, learn and improve as we iterate
How We Do Not Work
- We are not aggressive or competitive with each other, and we greatly appreciate diverse thinking
- We are not defined by our roles. We get opportunities to work on new areas to expand our knowledge and abilities
- We don’t work at all hours, because we have friends and families, and they are important to us
Apptentive is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is based at Apptentive in Downtown Seattle and offers competitive salary and benefits.
Principals only-- No recruiters please. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.