Full Stack Engineer - Kiev
About This Role
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, testing, and deployment of products that help companies communicate with their customers in deep and personal ways. We service over 1.8 million API requests per minute and our SDK is installed on over 2 billion devices around the world. We are a small team <15 engineers and our technology stack is built in Ruby on Rails, Scala, and React, running on Cassandra, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, and Kafka. We containerize and deploy with Kubernetes on AWS.
What you will do:
- Work within a cross-functional team including product & designers to implement, test, deploy, and support the next major features for Apptentive.
- Assist in the migration of our main product site from a monolithic web app to a componentized architecture using ReactJS.
- Support and maintain features within the current web application including 3rd party integrations.
- Write performant, maintainable code that is easy to read and well-documented.
- Write automated tests to thoroughly validate the correctness of your code.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation for monitoring of system status and resolution of critical issues & outages.
- Participate in lean/agile development process that focuses on customer value delivery, low latency engineering practices, and individual software engineer ownership.
What you should have:
- 5 or more years software development experience, preferably for a B2B SaaS product and/or in a successful startup environment.
- Experience with Git and Jenkins.
- Exposure to NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra) is desired.
- Strong CS fundamentals: A good knowledge of data modeling, object-oriented design, and algorithms.
- Familiarity with REST and API design.
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related field.
- Close attention to detail and commitment to building high quality, scalable products.
Apptentive helps thousands of companies build deeper, more meaningful relationships with millions of people around the world. We believe software is powering more relationships than ever before and that we can help make software about People. We’re building the platform to power customer communication for the modern business. We’re a rapidly growing, well-funded startup based in Seattle that’s passionate about building great products with a fun, dedicated hard-working team.
What you will get:
- Interesting and challenging work with a Seattle based startup
- Ability to work on exciting projects involving the newest technologies
- Modern and comfortable office facilities
- Friendly team with a great corporate culture
- Mac equipment
- Travel to Seattle to meet the team