Software Support I
The Technical Customer Service Representative is the first point and primary contact for technical support within Apprentice and serves as the main point of contact for Customers, End Users and Internal resources. The ultimate goal in this role is to provide exceptional technical support surrounding our products. As this role supports both internal and external customers it requires a fine balance of meeting customer needs and expectations along with company policy and procedures. Our Technical Customer Service Representatives represent the voice of the company and also serve as a platform to educate our customers and promote the company by creating opportunities to educate, reduce the need for an in-person visit by offering to troubleshoot utilizing augmented reality technology, and serving as a concierge of resources.
- Create open communication with customers and field sales & service so that any changes or impact on customer expectations are timely communicated.
- Answer incoming calls and emails that deal with Customers’ needs and expectations, identify and troubleshoot issues, provide product recommendations, educate on product and equipment usage.
- As customer issues arrive, take ownership of concern(s) and resolve within Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and when necessary, coordinate activities with other departments to ensure complete customer satisfaction
- Identify trends with product/equipment issues and partner with cross functional departments to determine root cause and fix.
- Active participant in on-going training to develop expertise
- Approach customer concerns with an owner mindset to identify the root cause and communicate with key stakeholders to avoid similar concerns
- Communicate frequently with management to provide updates of account progress, product and range development and escalation of issues or concerns
- Approach to make recommendations and implement improvements to existing processes
- High School diploma or equivalent; Associate and/or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in a Technical Customer Service or Field Service function preferred
- Experience with mobile devices (iOS/Android)
- High-speed internet access for occasional work from home capabilities
- Professional communication skills – Should be able to communicate with customers, internal stakeholders, peers, and vendors both via verbally and via e-mail in a respectful and friendly manner when under stress
- Ability to build relationships by phone and e-mail
- Desire to challenge current processes for improvement
- Comfortable with presenting information and training in a group setting
- Strong analytical skills, technically apt, adept at problem-solving and managing escalations
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and comfortable with rapid change
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated; ability to take on additional responsibilities as required and be able to work with minimal supervision