We are looking for a senior software engineer with expertise in simulation. This role will focus on building out our core simulation engine, the crux of our product platform. At Applied, we encourage all engineers to take ownership over technical and product decisions, closely interact with users to collect feedback, and contribute to a thoughtful, dynamic team culture.
At Applied, you will
- Develop, implement, and validate models for various domains such as actor behavior
- Extend interfaces between customer AV modules and our simulator based on customer requirements
- Optimize simulation performance for large scale simulation runs
- Verify and validate simulator results and improve accuracy as required
We’re looking for someone who
- Has 2+ years background in developing simulation tools or modeling physical problems
- 5+ years experience in shipping complex software
- Is experienced with AV simulation or vehicle simulation
- Has a background in numerical methods and simulation architectures
Nice to have
- Is familiar with cluster architectures
- Has working knowledge of common robotic middlewares such as ROS
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.