We are looking for a cloud engineer to streamline existing deployments and design new systems to run simulations at scale for our customers. As an infrastructure specialist, you will build out infrastructure initiatives, optimize our cloud compute and storage costs, and help design new cloud projects. At Applied, we encourage all engineers to take ownership over technical and product decisions, closely interact with users to collect feedback, and contribute to a thoughtful, dynamic team culture.
At Applied, you will
- Support system architecture, deployment, and maintenance for multiple customers with high availability
- Build monitoring systems for deployed software and streamline incident response process
- Help design systems to handle simulations at scale, architecting solutions to any bottlenecks that are encountered along the way
- Work on world-class solutions to the autonomy industry's leading infrastructure problems
We’re looking for someone who
- Has 3+ years of experience developing and deploying infrastructure for a large scale software product, on either public clouds or on-premise clusters
- Has expertise with microservice or job orchestration frameworks, containerized systems, and big data management
- Takes initiative in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have
- Experience working with containerization, cluster orchestration, or infrastructure management frameworks (such as Kubernetes, Docker, or Terraform)
- Prior work in either autonomous vehicles or simulation products
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.