We are currently looking for a software engineer who has a strong interest in game engines. In this role you will work with Unreal Engine to further develop our 3D virtual world environments for autonomous vehicles. This role will focus on bridging our core simulation engine with the game engine, as well as developing new gameplay type features within Unreal.
- Extend and maintain Applied Intuition's 3D engine for manipulating and rendering the 3D environment for the autonomous vehicle.
- Optimize our simulations based on performance/accuracy needs.
- Integrate engine into Applied simulation workflows for seamless customer experience.
- Deploy engine on various platforms (local through cloud) based on customer needs.
- 3+ years experience in developing/maintaining game engines at a AAA game studio.
- Background in deploying and optimizing software on multiple platforms (on-prem/cloud).
- Expertise in best practices for game engine architecture for scalability and flexibility.
- Strong graphics experience.
Nice to have:
- Prior experience in shipping Unreal Engine games.
- Experience with and interest in autonomous driving systems.
- Experience with integrating third party physics libraries.