Applied Intuition is seeking a federal policy manager & Washington, DC lead, who will be responsible for all of the company’s regulatory relationships and Autonomous Vehicle (AV) policy efforts at the federal level. The ideal candidate should be able to build and maintain relationships across both Congress and Executive agencies, serve as the company’s representative to various AV policy stakeholders, and have a deep background and interest in AVs.
- Regularly meet with key stakeholders from across the interagency and Congress, including key congressional committees (e.g. House E&C, House T&I, Senate Commerce) and relevant cabinet agencies (e.g. DOT, DOE, White House)
- Shape policy messaging campaigns with outside interest groups, including vehicle safety groups, independent think tanks, and other third parties working on AV policy
- Maintain relationships with other AV companies’ government relations teams based in DC (including Applied Intuition’s customers) and develop joint projects
- 5+ years of experience in a transportation or technology policy role
- Prior background interfacing the automotive industry or autonomous vehicle industry
- Past experience organizing projects and starting policy messaging campaigns
- Independent, take-charge mentality. Ability to plan & execute original ideas without delay
- Strong communication and organizational skills that will keep the policy team on track for concrete deliverables
- Desire to work in a culture that moves fast
- Willingness to travel to the San Francisco Bay Area and/or Michigan once/quarter
At Applied Intuition, Inc. (Applied), we are building advanced simulation and infrastructure tools for the autonomous vehicle industry. We allow companies pursuing AV technology (both Silicon Valley startups and traditional OEMs) to accelerate their software development process while ensuring that their AV products are safe for consumers. Our team is composed of senior engineers from a cross-section of companies, such as Alphabet (Google X and Waymo), Delphi, Tesla, General Motors, and Bosch, along with experienced sales managers and seasoned operations professionals. We are backed by top-tier investors, including Andreessen Horowitz’s Marc Andreessen. The company has offices in both Silicon Valley and Detroit, Michigan.