AppHarvest is building large-scale glass greenhouses in Central Appalachia with a goal to make Eastern Kentucky the greenhouse capital of the United States. Rise of the Rest is an investor in AppHarvest. The fund, managed by AOL co-founder Steve Case and best-selling author JD Vance, is backed by Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos, Starbucks Chairman Howard Shultz and designer Tory Burch. Utilizing revolutionary growing techniques, AppHarvest will supply sustainable produce to consumers nationally. We plan to start construction on our first greenhouse project Fall 2018.
AppHarvest is not just another vegetable brand. Our mission is to grow AppHarvest into the most trusted and transparent produce brand on the market. As Marketing Coordinator, you’ll have the opportunity to help build the AppHarvest brand from the ground up.
What You'll Do
- Manages and develops content schedule for AppHarvest's social media accounts.
- Ensures all marketing communications and messaging are coordinated and consistent.
- Provides input and support to the Chief Design Officer in the development of joint ventures, affiliations and partnerships.
- Conducts market and competitor research.
- Writes press releases and manages AppHarvest's press contacts and relationships.
- Supports in the development and management of email marketing campaigns.
- Identifies leading relevant (e.g., future of agriculture, indoor farming) conferences and events, and takes leadership in coordinating attendance of such events when necessary.
- Helps develop the annual marketing plan, including the strategies, tactics and resources necessary to achieve marketing goals.
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing, Management, Communications or other relevant field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, organized, and self-disciplined.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of market and industry trends and relevant influencers is a plus.
- Executed and managed various social media campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, or other media outlet.
- Experience with social media marketing and data tracking tools.
Our Core Values
- Passion. Heart and energy fuels every aspect of your work.
- Grit. Ability to see and embrace challenges with courage and resolve; embodies an overall strength of character.
- Radical Transparency and Trust. From our people to our produce, we operate openly, honestly and will the utmost integrity.
- Dedication to Excellence. Good is not in our DNA. Always strive for exceptional - nothing less.
- Dedication to Sustainability and Positive Impact. Embrace long-term thinking. Drive positive environmental change in the agriculture industry and aim to improve lives within our communities at large.
- Continuous Improvement. Aim for 10x improvement. Challenge your team to take exponential leaps, not incremental improvements.
- Collaborative Leadership. Takes initiative in seeking opportunities to optimize team effectiveness and strengthen team culture.
- Proactive and Resourceful. Takes full ownership and responsibility for actions. Embodies a “we can figure it out” mentality, and challenges any notion claiming “this can’t be done”.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset. Not afraid to take lead on tackling big problems through rapid experimentation.
No travel is required for this position at this time.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k match
**Please add a copy of your transcript with your cover letter attachment if graduated college within the past three years.