AppHarvest is building large-scale glass greenhouses in Central Appalachia with a goal to make Eastern Kentucky the greenhouse capital of the United States. Rise of the Rest is an investor in AppHarvest. The fund, managed by AOL co-founder Steve Case and best-selling author JD Vance, is backed by Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos, Starbucks Chairman Howard Shultz and designer Tory Burch. Utilizing revolutionary growing techniques, AppHarvest will supply sustainable produce to consumers nationally.
Imagine being a part of the development of over 100 acres of hi-tech greenhouses under glass. As Operations Coordinator, you will be positioning yourself right at the forefront of redefining the future of agriculture through the development and management of large-scale hydroponic greenhouses.
What You'll Do
- Provides support for business operations
- Prepares reports, memos, letters, and other documents.
- Files and retrieves corporate records, documents, and reports.
- Researches and conducts data to prepare documents for review and presentation by boards of directors and executives.
- Helps prepare for meetings.
- Accurately records minutes from meetings.
- Uses various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software.
- Makes travel arrangements for executives.
- Performs office duties that include ordering supplies and managing a records database.
- Provides general administrative support.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, or equivalent degree.
- Previous operations and administrative experience is a plus.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Communication proficiency
- Time management
- Collaboration skills
- Decision making
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Technical capacity
- Organization skills
Our Core Values
- Passion. Heart and energy fuels every aspect of your work.
- Grit. Ability to see and embrace challenges with courage and resolve; embodies an overall strength of character.
- Radical Transparency and Trust. From our people to our produce, we operate openly, honestly and will the utmost integrity.
- Dedication to Excellence. Good is not in our DNA. Always strive for exceptional - nothing less.
- Dedication to Sustainability and Positive Impact. Embrace long-term thinking.Drive positive environmental change in the agriculture industry and aim to improve lives within our communities at large.
- Continuous Improvement. Aim for 10x improvement. Challenge your team to take exponential leaps, not incremental improvements.
- Collaborative Leadership. Takes initiative in seeking opportunities to optimize team effectiveness and strengthen team culture.
- Proactive and Resourceful. Takes full ownership and responsibility for actions. Embodies a “we can figure it out” mentality, and challenges any notion claiming “this can’t be done”.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset. Not afraid to take lead on tackling big problems through rapid experimentation.
Occasional local day travel may be necessary, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k match
**Please add a copy of your transcript with your cover letter attachment if graduated college within the past three years.