AppHarvest is building large-scale glass greenhouses in Central Appalachia with a goal to make Eastern Kentucky the greenhouse capital of the United States. Rise of the Rest is an investor in AppHarvest. The fund, managed by AOL co-founder Steve Case and best-selling author JD Vance, is backed by Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos, Starbucks Chairman Howard Shultz and designer Tory Burch. Utilizing revolutionary growing techniques, AppHarvest will supply sustainable produce to consumers nationally. We plan to start construction on our first greenhouse project Fall 2018.
Imagine being a part of the development of over 100 acres of hi-tech greenhouses under glass. As Project Analyst, you will be positioning yourself right at the forefront of redefining the future of agriculture through the development and management of large-scale hydroponic greenhouses.
What You'll Do
- Assesses site locations including proximity to desirable workforce, market access, and presence of industrial access roads and nearby highways.
- Explores utility availability and evaluates site selection options based on achieving efficient connection to electricity, gas, water, and sanitation utilities.
- Assists in the preparation of economic models demonstrating acceptable returns and assisting with the presentation of projects for investment approvals.
- Supports obtainment of environmental assessments, site suitability assessments, and all permitting.
- Supports the engineering, procurement, and construction phases of greenhouse projects, helping to ensuring that safety, quality, cost, and schedule goals are met.
- Clearly defines the scope, schedule, and cost requirements for engineering and construction contracts.
- Supports a team of internal and external stakeholders through design, construction, commissioning, and turnover to operations.
- Supports the RFP/RFB process, contract negotiations, and vendor relationships through the warranty period.
- Monitors project budget on a weekly basis for cash flow, earned value, and potential risks. Coordinate with the COO for budgeting.
- Provides support for new site prospecting in Appalachia.
- Provides weekly and monthly status reports to COO on construction progress, capital budget forecasting, and issues affecting key milestones (schedule, cost, quality, and safety) of projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, engineering, architecture, construction management or equivalent degree.
- Related experience in project management, engineering, or construction of commercial or industrial facilities.
- Agriculture industry experience is a plus.
- Business acumen
- Financial management
- Communication proficiency
- Technical capacity
- Results driven
- Time management
- Problem solving/analysis
- Collaboration skills
- Strategic thinking
Our Core Values
- Passion. Heart and energy fuels every aspect of your work.
- Grit. Ability to see and embrace challenges with courage and resolve; embodies an overall strength of character.
- Radical Transparency and Trust. From our people to our produce, we operate openly, honestly and will the utmost integrity.
- Dedication to Excellence. Good is not in our DNA. Always strive for exceptional - nothing less.
- Dedication to Sustainability and Positive Impact. Embrace long-term thinking.Drive positive environmental change in the agriculture industry and aim to improve lives within our communities at large.
- Continuous Improvement. Aim for 10x improvement. Challenge your team to take exponential leaps, not incremental improvements.
- Collaborative Leadership. Takes initiative in seeking opportunities to optimize team effectiveness and strengthen team culture.
- Proactive and Resourceful. Takes full ownership and responsibility for actions. Embodies a “we can figure it out” mentality, and challenges any notion claiming “this can’t be done”.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset. Not afraid to take lead on tackling big problems through rapid experimentation.
Occasional local day travel may be necessary, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k match
**Please add a copy of your transcript with your cover letter attachment if graduated college within the past three years.