Appetize is an Enterprise Point of Sale software solution that delivers foodservice and retail solutions to the largest and highest volume businesses. Our clients include quick serve and table service restaurants, theme parks, educational institutions and sporting and entertainment venues.
Appetize is looking for a truly exceptional VP of Business Development to work with partners, major clients and Appetize team to help drive opportunity identification, deal development and overall corporate growth. Key areas of focus will include partner and major client relationship management, market and deal analysis and business generation through partners and major clients.
We are looking for someone who has a history of developing and nurturing relationships and can represent Appetize in the market. Must have experience in generating business and presenting to senior executives at both partners and major clients. Strong organizational skills and ability to identify new opportunities and execute on them.
- Manage and grow partnerships - get Appetize front-of-mind with current and future partners to drive client referrals and close strategic relationships.
- Drive business with major clients - grow relationships, help develop strategies and roadmaps and structure and manage overall corporate agreements
- Proactively evaluate current partnerships and work with revenue teams to determine new relationships needed to fill out product offering or develop new revenue streams
- Assess verticals in which Appetize works and identify new partners to help drive opportunity and expand Appetize footprint.
- Help drive partnership and integration prioritization by balancing revenue opportunity, resource availability and future company direction.
- Represent Appetize at trade shows and partner events, with the potential of presenting to large audiences
- Lead cross-functional teams to work with partners to execute on go-to-market programs and monitor through the development of those programs to ensure their success.
- Present and clearly communicate recommendations and results to both internal and external stakeholders
- 8+ years of business development experience
- History of developing and managing senior-level partner and client relationships
- Experience working cross-functionally within and outside a company to deliver partner solutions and drive go-to-market
- Strong negotiation skills including management of complex legal agreements
- Excellent presentation skills, with experience presenting to large audiences
- Well-developed teamwork skills including written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Payment, Gateway and/or POS experience a plus
- This position will require significant travel (50%+)