Director, Software Testing
As a Director of Software Testing, you will work alongside QA leadership on the overall strategic vision of the Quality Assurance and Engineering organization in enhancing our high performance, cloud-based, SaaS web application. By partnering with Product, senior and technical leadership, you will live at the unity between feature testing and enhancing our technology platform for delivery of on-time, beautiful, responsive, robust solutions for our clients. You will create, build, manage and motivate teams in a highly energetic, Agile environment. If you are passionate, not just about technology, but the art of leading, motivating and mentoring a group of highly talented individuals, and you want to have a strong voice in the testing of a platform that has transformed and modernized POS processes, you will be a great fit for our team.
- Leads the overall operations and activities of a major functional area, recommending and driving strategy
- Possesses deep-level functional and company knowledge
- Actively collaborates in corporate strategy development, advocating for programs, projects, or other initiatives in their respective area(s)
- Able to clearly and articulately communicate across functions, disciplines, and audiences, and successfully navigate through conflict resolution and creative problem solving
- Makes decisions and implements policies that affect areas of the company outside their own functional area
- Able to innovate on testing processes to meet deadlines
Competencies - Behavior
- Able to objectively review and understand core strengths and weaknesses across teams and their individuals, and proactively engage or delegate, mentor, and define goals in order to capitalize upon strengths or mitigate gaps
- Able to resolve complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth knowledge of the company and its goals
- Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs and people
- Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements
- Able to make final decisions efficiently, ranging from administrative to operational, considering all relevant information and facets, to ensure successful completion of objectives
- Able to interface with and leverage the capabilities of various teams or individuals within disparate areas of the overall company in order to maintain strong business relationships and ensure effective results
- Establishes strategic plans and objectives, and works to be proactive in their planning and response to unexpected situations, while simultaneously able to forecast future potential issues before they occur, and develop mitigation scenarios as needed
Competencies - Technical
- Knowledge of SDLC, KPI monitoring, rigorous test discipline concepts, performance monitoring and instrumentation
- Experience in various development and test methodologies, defect metric gathering, test coverage analysis, test case management and automation
- Keeps abreast of emerging technologies, trends, and relevant areas of interest and applies such knowledge as appropriate
Degree of Supervision
- Overall responsibility for at least two cross-functional engineering teams
- Provides direct supervision to at least two full time exempt managerial employees, including hiring, firing, evaluating, and coaching these employees.
- Spends the majority of time directly supervising employees and/or functioning as a technical expert or lead using advanced software engineering techniques.
- Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company.
- Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods.