Appetize is the leading Enterprise Cloud Point of Sale (POS) and management platform for food service and retail. We're trusted by many of the world’s most well known and highest volume businesses, including sports and entertainment venues, theme parks and attractions, restaurants, retailers, education campuses, and business cafeterias. Based in Silicon Beach, CA, we have an amazing team dedicated to developing cutting-edge technology that’s replacing outdated legacy systems and helping enterprises better their guest experience, future-proof operations, and driving financial performance.
Reporting to the Head of PMO the Technical Program Manager will be a hands-on leader, focused on supporting B2B large-scale cross-functional programs that affect fan facing platforms by the biggest names in the world. In addition to directly managing a technical program, this individual will collaborate with the leadership to set direction, objectives and long-term vision for cross-functional, large-scale programs and governance for all projects.
Leading one of the most critical functions at Appetize, the successful candidate must have experience designing and implementing program and project management best practices. This is a role best suited to proven leader adept at executing complex programs in highly matrixed environments through influence with strong communication and professional development skills and a deep commitment to process and compliance
We have an incredible team, with brilliant culture. Your friends will be jealous when you tell them about your day at work. What are you waiting for? Send us your resume!
● Design and implement best practices and governance model for large-scale programs across the Product and Technology organizations
● Develop, enhance and monitor program management methodologies
● Work closely with PMO Leadership to ensure compliance with program management standards
● Work with stakeholders to understand requirements and negotiate solutions to issues while working with senior management to provide visibility into the scrum teams
● Work with Engineering Managers and Product Managers and the Client facing PM to Define and maintain a product roadmap (Using Portfolio) that optimally balances business priorities, implementation cost, and project risk.
● Coordinate with senior management on program communication strategy
● Work closely with the Appetize Leadership to ensure that Program deliverables and timelines are consistent with Appetize technology and business priorities
● Ensure program status is reported clearly, consistently and reliably to executive management and team members
● Facilitating Scrum-of-Scrum sessions across dependent teams;
● Support team members and empower them so they can complete their activities in a timely manner and with quality
● Ensure that change management processes are followed
● Drive process improvements toward the consistent delivery of working product on the Program level
● Tracking and updating relevant metrics to ensure efficiency and optimization across departments
● Identify and manage incoming and outgoing dependencies for the team
● Remove impediments to the delivery of the initiatives
● Communicate and manage status, timelines, and risk plans.
● Minimum 3 years of Program Management experience.
● Minimum 5 years experience in Information Technology / Engineering environment
● Must have experience at a previous SaaS company and understand the unique challenges that come with it.
● Has advanced knowledge of program and project management methodologies; core knowledge of Agile and Waterfall methodologies and SDLC required
● Demonstrated leadership and experience with large-scale, complex, cross-discipline technology projects, including scope definition, schedule development, and management, communications and stakeholder engagement activities
● Able to provide guidance to other Product and project managers on which processes and tools to apply based on project and stakeholder needs
● Experience with Agile (Scrum/Kanban) frameworks required; experience transitioning teams from waterfall to Scrum and/or Kanban methodologies preferred
● Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills and ability to work with all levels of the organization
● Executive reporting experience required; able to provide clear and concise verbal and written project status updates at the Senior Leadership Team (C-level) via multiple approaches with limited to no supervisory review
● Able to resolve conflicts and negotiate agreements; able to propose innovative solutions while balancing impacts to scope, schedule, and cost
● Proven experience with risk management; can confidently convey risks, issues and blockers and present alongside proposed mitigation or resolution plans
● Able to proactively identify and either eliminate or mitigate program/project dependencies during the planning phase
● Experience with JIRA and Confluence, JIRA Portfolio- a plus
At Appetize our employees are at the core of everything we do. As the company continues to grow, our team is dedicated to attracting and retaining top talent who are smart, mission-driven, and share a common goal of continuous innovation. We believe that the success of our product depends on the success of our team. From fully covered medical benefits, monthly standups highlighting individuals' accomplishments, Waffle Wednesdays, and more, we’re dedicated to making this the best place to work!