Manual QA Engineer
Yankees, Angels, Eagles, Seahawks, Lollapalooza, Governors Ball, Bonnaroo… the biggest names in entertainment are our customers. We power the tech behind every t-shirt, hotdog, and drink sold at these venues, and at a global list of other clients that you just wouldn’t believe. Appetize is seeking a Manual QA Engineer in the Quality Assurance organization with a deep understanding of how software products work and how they interact with each other.
- Applies knowledge of company policies and standard practices to resolve problems.
- Analyzes issues and exercises judgment to make decisions. Escalates non-standard problems or issues.
Competencies - Behavior
- Skilled in Presenting – can effectively communicate in large or small group settings. (Presentation Skills)
- Business Awareness – understands current and possible future business trends and information. (Perspective)
- Works on problems of limited to moderate scope and complexity; works on implementation and evaluation of subsystems. (Problem Solving)
Competencies - Technical
- Experience in Web Application and SaaS testing
- Ability to create test plans and test scenarios
- Understanding of how to use application logs for discovering issues
- Knowledge of web debugging tools: Developer Tools, FireBug, Charles, etc.
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Hands-on experience with bug and issue tracking software: JIRA, Bugzilla, ClearQuest, etc.
- Hands-on experience working with test case management: TestRail, Zephyr, Qtest
- Previous experience working in Agile