Yankees, Angels, Eagles, Seahawks, Lollapalooza, Governors Ball, Bonnaroo…the biggest names in sports and entertainment are our customers. We power the tech behind every t-shirt, hotdog and drink sold at these venues, and have a global list of other clients that you just wouldn’t believe. Didn’t think Point of Sale could be sexy? Think again.
We’re looking for truly exceptional Android engineers who are ready to tackle an endless, important feature list, and do it at intimidating scale. Imagine Lollapalooza, or a hot Yankees game in the middle of summer if you couldn’t buy a beer…unacceptable. The stuff you’ll work on has a very real impact, and our customers will love you or hate you for what you deliver. What you build matters here.
You should be able to operate without much direction, but be excited to work closely with a team. We want developers who are opinionated about smart ways to build, yet humble enough to listen and take input well. You should want to take ownership of the features you build…you’re shipping to customers, not just completing story points. We’re looking for developers who care deeply about the quality of their code…it impacts your fellow devs, your company, and your customers. QA can and will help, but ultimately, you embrace the fact that the quality of what you ship is your responsibility.
We have an incredible team, with a brilliant culture. Send us your resume!
- Build and ship clean, performant, secure, scalable, quality software that exceeds customer expectations…own your code, cradle to grave
- Work with Product, Quality, DevOps and Ops to ensure that we deliver the best possible customer experience
- Be available as necessary to troubleshoot urgent issues
- Collaborate closely with local, nearshore and offshore engineering and ops…we’re all one team!
- Adhere to Product and workflow processes, engaging with the team to make continual improvements
- Be a technical thought-leader among your peers to constantly improve how we work
- Be approachable and transparent, wear a lot of hats, and always be aware of the big picture of making Appetize great
- 5+ years of dedicated Android experience
- Strong understanding of multi-tier architectures, design patterns and good engineering practices
- Experience implementing RESTful APIs
- Advanced Java development experience and expert knowledge of the Android SDK
- Ability (and desire!) to write unit and integration tests.
- Good knowledge of version control tools, and experience collaborating with a large team of developers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent listening skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent experience.