Appetize is an Enterprise Point of Sale (POS) software solution serving North American sports & entertainment venues, Managed Food Service companies, and Fast-Casual Chains & Restaurant Groups. Our software powers the technology behind food, beverage, and merchandise transactions at these clients through our enterprise-leading platform including POS, Handheld, Kiosks and Mobile Ordering solutions.
Appetize is looking for an exceptional Product Manager to work with our Restaurants technology team. This is a critical role focused on new product development and enhancing features leveraging your industry experience and restaurant technology market knowledge.
Key areas of focus will include gathering customer feedback, performing market analysis, defining acceptance criteria with epics/stories for development to bring new innovative features to market. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Take lead of scrum teams as the Product Owner
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
- Define product vision, road-map and growth opportunities
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Follow our competitors and the industry
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- 3+ years of Agile product management.
- POS, Kiosk or Mobile Ordering system domain expertise preferred
- Experience with software tools such as Jira, Jira Portfolio and Salesforce
- Excellent teamwork skills including written and verbal communication skills
- This position requires some travel to customer and prospective customer sites