Appcues is a SaaS business dedicated to helping our customers build products their users love. We offer a suite of products and services that let our customers design and publish user experiences, product tours, and flows to their sites with a simple, code-free interface.
Behind this product is a scalable platform for real-time, in-app user
communication with single-digit latencies and four-nines reliability.
And behind that platform is a team of dedicated, pragmatic,
nuts-and-bolts engineers making the whole thing work.
We're looking for a few great platform engineers to help Appcues make 2018 another hockey-stick year, and beyond.
A backend software engineer at Appcues:
- Provisions, tunes, and maintains data persistence layers such as DynamoDB, Postgres, Redis, S3, Firebase DB, Redshift, etc.
- Measures, monitors, and ensures the performance and availability of the Appcues platform.
- Configures and automates system testing and deployment in the AWS and Google clouds.
- Integrates dozens of external SaaS products into Appcues services.
- Is committed to the privacy and security of customers' and end users' data.
- Works with customers directly for integration, support, and occasional custom development.
The best candidates for this position:
- Have three or more years of professional software engineering experience, including at least one year focused on backend service development.
- Demonstrate strong skills working with the Unix operating system.
- Possess a good understanding of the current landscape of data storage and processing technologies.
- Are broadly familiar with current infrastructure/platform-as-a-service offerings.
- Prefer working in a highly collaborative environment at a small, customer-focused startup.
A diverse team is a stronger team, so engineers of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply for this position.
Appcues is an Equal Opportunity Employer.