We’re building a team of driven, focused, smart people who want to make a meaningful impact on the success of product-driven companies. To us, customer success doesn’t mean customer support or account management; it’s helping our customers reach their desired outcomes and creating an amazing experience in the process.
This is an opportunity to accelerate the growth on a winning team. In this role you will be an extension of a customer’s team, ensuring their success through effectively using Appcues to reach their goals. You will share best practices across accounts, collaborate with the product team to help turn feedback into features, help customers discover new use cases, and work with the marketing team to showcase how customers are using the product. You will become an essential voice for our mission and drive happiness for customers and our audience at large.
Apply if you’re passionate about helping customers succeed, eager to solve hard problems, and want to help build a world class product.
Your objectives will center around retaining and expanding our revenue base which may include driving key results like…
- Maintaining +100% monthly net revenue retention
- Ensuring 100% of high-value customers you manage complete key onboarding milestones within 45 days of signing up.
- Driving customer loyalty by meeting and exceeding a quarterly Net Promoter Score (NPS) target of over 30
- Ensure an average customer health score of 80 or above
What your typical day might include…
- Analysis - You’ll start your day by opening up your CSM portal to do a daily customer health review for the +$1M in annual recurring revenue under your management.
- Prioritization - From there, you’ll prioritize activities accordingly based on customer size, need, and triggered alerts and tasks based on customer health/activity.
- Execution- You can expect ~70-80% of your typical day to be dedicated to proactive customer facing activity that could include scheduling and conducting onboarding kick-off calls, customer training calls, feedback calls, renewal conversations, or quarterly business reviews.
- Collaboration - The rest of your day might be spent conversing and collaborating with customer experience and product team members to ensure we’re always prioritizing customer needs.
- Delight - You’ll be empowered to put customers first on a daily basis. This could include doing spontaneously nice things like sending care packages, making the occasional in-person visit with donuts in hand, or even sending an edible arrangement to a customer’s team.
You may be a great fit if...
- You’re an A+ listener and communicator. You can synthesize feedback and be the voice of the customer to help your teammates become better marketers, designers, builders and more. You’ll also be eager to spend your days speaking with customers on the phone.
- You’re ardent about figuring things out and comfortable being uncomfortable. The customer experience team is new and we’ll give you the autonomy to help build a process and playbook from scratch.
- You’re technically astute and would be excited to gain a deeper understanding of how software works. Our customers use different web technologies and you should want to understand the basics of how they work.
- You’re driven and goal-oriented. We believe in a proactive success model, which includes constant touch points with your customers. You’ll need a sales mindset to get customers on the phone to hit your retention goals, but will ultimately maintain/restore the health of an account with your patience and expertise in the field.
- More than anything else, you are empathetic and have a genuine desire to help other people. Culture fit and drive to help are more important than experience.