Appcast is looking for a data analyst with a quantitative background who has a strong desire to make an impact on business decisions with data. The successful candidate for this role will be able to critically and creatively think through business objectives to solve problems using your technical and analytical skills.
As a leader in programmatic job advertising, Appcast is a premier opportunity to further develop your career in business and data analytics, focusing on advanced online marketing strategies and techniques. Everyday projects include measuring advertiser and publisher performance, designing test plans and analyzing outcomes of programmatic/algorithmic software optimizations, creating & updating dashboards, data mining, and ad hoc research/reporting.
- Consult with members of the product and technology teams to develop analyses that lead to actionable insights that accelerate profitable growth
- Understand how Appcast’s programmatic job advertising software works to be able to perform comprehensive analysis of expected vs. actual outcomes
- Ability to comprehend, extract, and massage necessary information from raw performance data for ad-hoc and reporting/dashboards needs
- Make educated and calculated recommendations for product/software enhancements to solve business problems
- Wrangle data from multiple sources including media portals, web analytics tools, 3rd party integrations products, and customer databases to create reports/views that can be used to drive decision making
- BA/BS with strong academic record, ideally in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, etc.
- 2-4 years of experience in a quantitative role
- Experience querying databases with SQL
- Expert level Excel skills (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc)
- Experience with data visualization tools (Domo, Tableau, Quicksight, Kibana)
- Experience with at least one programming languages preferred (Python, R, Java, etc.)
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
Pay and Benefits
Appcast pays well and offers an exceptional, all-inclusive benefits package. We also are focused on being a place where smart, driven people want to come to work. To better understand our company culture, read this featured blog post from Appcast CEO, Chris Forman: http://blog.appcast.io/the-true-driver-of-company-culture-and-employee-engagement
Founded in 2014 and headquartered near Dartmouth College in New Hampshire, Appcast has become one of the fastest growing technology companies in New England. Our programmatic recruitment marketing suite is transforming how leading employers, ad agencies and job boards find and attract talent.
On July 1, 2019, Appcast was acquired by StepStone. StepStone, a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE, is the leading ‘jobs’ classified business in Europe. Appcast is their 1st major investment in the US market.