Title: Disability Representative
Duration: 6 Months (until 6/30)
Location: Hilliard, OH 43026
Hours: 7.5 hours per day & 5 days a week role
To process claims and determine benefits due pursuant to a disability plan; to make timely payments and adjustments for workers compensation, Social Security Disability Income (SSDI), and other disability offsets; and to ensure the ongoing processing of claims.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Analyzes, approves and authorizes assigned claims and determines benefits due pursuant to a disability plan.
· Determines benefits due, makes timely claims payments and adjustments for workers compensation, Social Security Disability Income (SSDI), and other disability offsets.
· Informs claimants of documentation required to process claims, required time frames, payment information and claims status either by phone, written correspondence and/or claims system.
· Refers cases as appropriate to supervisor and management; maintains professional client relationships.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
· Excellent oral and written communication
· PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
· Analytical and interpretive skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Good negotiation skills
· Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
· One (1) year general office experience required. One year benefits or claims management experience or successful completion of Disability Representative training required.
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college preferred.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Supports the organization's quality program(s).