Title: IT Infrastructure Architect (Network)
Duration: 6 months contract with possible hire
Location: Memphis, TN 38120
Hours: 8 hours per day & 5 days a week role
To work with third party vendors, software architects, technology services, and operations teams to develop infrastructure technology solutions to meet company application requirements and meet business needs while analyzing and improving IT service, reducing operational costs, and reviewing and providing recommendations on new technology; to participate in or lead discussions on increasing the reliability of IT systems and improving processes; and to evaluate system and storage requests to understand the business and technology requirements to ensure best practices and recommend alternative designs as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Evaluates and generates high level system, network, and storage requirements based on business needs and other constraints (i.e. cost and schedule).
· Leads the development and ongoing maturity of automation and continuous improvement regarding physical hardware, load balancing, Hypervisor, virtual desktops, application clustering, networking, storage, backup, replication, and disaster recovery systems.
· Evaluates all system, storage, and network requests to ensure best practices and cost effectiveness; makes alternative design recommendations when necessary.
· Produces and maintains end-to-end network, system, and storage design documents, outlining system integration points, and application and business dependencies.
· Evaluates new technologies and industry best practices and provides recommendations to management, including planning and execution of POC activities and looking for ways to leverage these activities for improving efficiency, reducing IT spending, and increasing productivity.
· Works with application development, software architects, operations and third party vendors to architect networks, systems, and storage environment that effectively reflects business needs, service level and availability requirements, and other technology parameters.
· Leads and/or contributes on major projects utilizing a structured project management methodology.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Supports the organization's quality program(s).
· Travels as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
· Comprehensive understanding of infrastructure technologies, including server hardware, OS, networking, storage, backup, application functionality, transformation datacenter, and migration
· Comprehensive understanding of enterprise and line-of-business applications and their relationship to the enterprise infrastructure landscape
· Strong critical thinking and analytical decision making skills
· Project management skills
· Knowledge of core networking concepts (i.e. routing, protocols, subnets, and DNS)
· Good oral and written communication, including presentation skills
· PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
· Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work with constantly changing priorities
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Good customer service approach to complex technology issues and solutions
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
Ten (10) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to include experience as a systems engineer, network engineer, network architect, system architect, enterprise architect, or datacenter architect in a large scale and complex network environment managing Cisco, Juniper Networks, and Windows and Unix (AIX and Solaris) systems. Experience in IT infrastructure transformation and datacenter migrations; multiple platform environments (including Windows, Linux and UNIX); virtualization of servers and desktops (VMware, Citrix); SAN, Oracle and SQL server, data backup/restoration, and de-duplication; Cisco networking, MPLS, VOIP, and WAN acceleration preferred. Project management and IT enterprise experience related to disaster recovery and business continuity strongly preferred. Experience in IT enterprise infrastructure design, including enterprise storage, networking and voice preferred. Experience presenting a plan (strategy, technical, engagement model) to a broad audience preferred.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major in information management, computer science, or other related technology field or comparable technical institute certification or equivalent work experience preferred. Technical certification(s) a plus. Certified IT Architect (CITA) or Enterprise Architect (CEA) certification preferred.