Associated Engineer 3
Location: TX - Houston
Duration: 12 months
The Safety Consulting business segment is looking for a process safety consultant to utilize his/her expertise in the area of process design and analysis to deliver quality projects to Siemens customers. These projects focus on process safety management with particular emphasis on the area of pressure relief systems. The candidate will determine the limitations and capabilities of process units and their pressure relief systems and recommend actions or mitigation plans. The consultant will work with a team of process engineers under the direction of a Project Manager to deliver projects of a consistently high quality to our domestic and international customers. The consultant will work directly with end users on technical aspects of the projects and therefore must be able to communicate technical requirements and deliverables clearly and concisely. The successful candidate will have proven experience in process system design and analysis. The successful candidate will have proven experience in process system design and analysis. Experience in the area of upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas processes including refining is a plus. Proven experience in common refinery and chemical processes is also desirable. Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be required to perform the following tasks:
• Performs engineering calculations associated with pressure relief system design/analysis
• Develop overpressure simulations or heat & material balance using process simulation tools.
• Able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding in the area of Process Safety Management (PSM as defined in OSHA CFR 1910.119) with direct experience executing projects.
• Interprets data from piping & instrumentation diagrams, process flow diagrams, plot plans, piping isometrics, mechanical design information, typical unit operation specifications, and electrical one-line diagrams
• Performs quality checks on projects before delivery to the client
• Provides new design specification &/or action plan preparation upon understanding customer requirements so that the clients can operate in compliance with the regulations
• Knowledge of related industry standards
• Support sales opportunities by clearly and fluently explaining best practices and value proposition to support customer needs
• Attends and presents at specified industry technical conferences and seminars Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a refining or petrochemical operating environment or equivalent experience in an engineering consulting business environment.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; with ability to lead and influence teams, interface at various levels in an organization, and externally with clients within the industry
• Expected travel up to 25%