Title: IT Applications Trainee
Location: 1100 Ridgeway Loop Road, Suite 200, Memphis, TN 38120
Duration: 6 Months Contract to possible hire
Hours: 8 hours per day & 5 days a week role
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."
· This position will be reporting to the manager under the Casualty group
· This individual will be develop, maintain, test, and debug test cases for software to meet defined requirements
· To be oriented and trained in the software development lifecycle.
· Working under close supervision performs the following duties: assists in the development/modification of simple software programs; assists in the development and submission of requirements to programmers; and participates in review sessions with IT colleagues.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Develops an understanding of Sedgwick's IT processes and procedures, including the software development life cycle.
· Develops skills and knowledge in required development language to perform assigned tasks.
· Under close supervision, assists in the performance of the following duties:
o Data and system analysis, including loading and balancing creation of derived fields and formatting, process flows and data diagrams.
o Requirement development process and unit testing of simple code units.
o Development and testing of software using Informatica, PL/SQL, Progress, Microsoft.net or other programming languages as specified.
o Investigation of issues and development of resolution in a timely manner with a technical leader.
· Follows per-established departmental standards and guidelines as they pertain to design and development; adheres to the goal of delivering and maintaining the highest quality of customer service to our clients.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Qualifications/ Education & Licensing:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
· Major in information systems or computer science preferred.
· Education in interpreting user requirements, business applications design and development of business applications strongly preferred.
· No experience required.
· Specific knowledge of Oracle databases, PL/SQL, C#/C++/C, Open Source, Korn Shell Script, Perl or Progress 4GL highly preferred.
Skills & Knowledge:
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ingenuity and creativity
· Logical approach to problem solving
· Analytical capabilities
· Ability to work under pressure
· Attention to detail
· Tenacity and patience
· Understanding of business processes and constraints
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
If you are available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please send the updated resume to email@example.com
along with a best time and number to reach you.
Your prompt response is highly appreciated.
Thanks and have a blessed day ahead.
Thanks and Regards,
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Phone: 510-623-5050- Extn 139 / Direct: 510-943-4054