Length of Assignment: Minimum upto April 2019
Work Hours: Shift Work – 7 days a week
It’s a rotating schedule
- 5am-4pm (2 shifts on, 2 shifts off, 3 shifts on, 2 shifts off, 2 shifts on, 3 shifts off) OR
- 7pm – 5am Monday to Thursday.
We change schedules about every 2 months. However if the individual is good with nightshift (and doesn’t want to rotate), will be 7pm-5amMonday to Thursday.
PPE items: Steel toe work boots… the job is primarily in an office environment but if they need training will bring them to a shop for training
The EOA on-site Technical Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day operational/technical tasks supporting the CSX account. Working on-site with CSX Locomotive Specialists to assist in troubleshooting GE locomotives utilizing the Expert on Alert™ platform. Monitoring and documenting the execution of Remote Monitoring and Diagnostics (RM&D) repair recommendations (RX’s) and creating/maintaining all daily/weekly/monthly scorecards and process/procedural documents. This will include maintaining good working internal and external relationships with GE/CSX field and management teams.
Essential Responsibilities The individual will be primarily responsible for:
- Assist CSX Diesel Doctors with troubleshooting GE locomotives
- Providing technical guidance to CSX locomotive specialists, reliability specialists, operations and field teams.
- Managing daily operations of the Expert On Alert™ platform at CSX including all scorecards, training documents and communication subsystems (CMU’s).
- Accountability to overall locomotive health impacting reliability
- Act as the primary liaison between business owners and technical team
- Data collection and reporting as required; supporting customer needs.
- Provide leadership and project level management in the planning, evaluation, design, development, implementation, operation and control of IT solutions
- Act as an E.O.A Subject Matter Expert (SME) and provide assistance and training to customer on platform use including owning the customer experience by being part of the "front line” providing leadership to expedite daily operational customer satisfaction
- Work with internal GE field teams to provide notice of locomotive conditions to various stakeholders, shops, warranty managers, fleet program managers etc.
- Supporting projects for GE and the customer
- Work as a business partner with business leaders and users to evaluate/improve business processes and arrive at mutual, cost effective solutions
- Prepare and present project plans, status reports to key internal / external stakeholders
- Other duties as required to support changing MSA and customer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in a support or field engineering role)
- Previous supervisory / leadership experience
- Willingness to work various shifts on various days (including weekends / on-call)
- Expertise with GE AC/DC EVO, AC44, Tier 4, Dash 8, Dash 9 locomotive platforms
- Experience with RM&D repair recommendations (RX’s)
- Knowledge of field operations and limitations using railroads GOI
- Knowledge of all locomotive subsystems including RM&D equipment (CMU/Control Systems)
- Experience with process/procedure development and implementation
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel is a MUST)
- Knowledge in materials management, operations, inventory control and logistics
- Confident speaker, who maintains a professional demeanor when clearly and concisely articulating troubleshooting or locomotive next steps
- Limited travel to support specific business or customer needs
- Ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving capabilities
- Experience in a field site, shop or manufacturing environment is preferred
- Proactive, driving personality - dedicated to serving the customer
- Independent worker focused on timely execution
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certified
- Knowledge of GE Transportation Services business and operations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presenting and organizational skills
- Sound business acumen and proven leadership skills
- Capable of making decisions facing limited or conflicting data
- Demonstrated cross-functional influencing skills
- Exceptional Clear Thinking and External Focus growth traits, willing to accept accountability for program execution
- General Rail industry knowledge and experience