The position is accountable to Electronics Development Manager in Seneca Falls. Candidate will conduct development engineering activities at both the software and hardware level in support of both new product development and the support of product already in the field. Will design, document, test, integrate and debug software written in either low or high level languages (assembly, C, C++ Visual Basic, JAVA, etc.). iOS and Android app development experience is a plus. Will design, document and test digital and analog hardware and support that development through prototype build and test and manufacturing release. Power electronics development experience preferred. Will work effectively and cooperatively with Xylem AWS customers both internal and external to resolve existing product issues and develop enhancements as required and defined by the customer and Product Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Experience with writing, testing and releasing software/firmware for embedded systems.
· Use of recognized best practices for software development such as version control infrastructure, design , documentation, test, debug and integration procedures.
· Use of recognized best practice hardware development methodologies and processes such as PWB/PCB design, circuit design to automated assembly standards. Prototype build and test, manufactured parts validation and support through to product release.
· Experience with control systems design, implementation and testing.
· Experience with design and development of digital and analog electronics.
· Integration of wireless technology, devices and application
· Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
· Standard weekly job hours.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE/CERTIFICATION:
· 7 to 10 years with BS in Electrical Engineering and/ or Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Excellent communication skills both oral and written, ability to work effectively in a team environment, ability to work effectively on multiple projects.
· DSPs, microcontrollers and RISC processors, embedded architectures, embedded systems design
· Demonstrated high proficiency with common programming languages such as C, C++, Java, etc.
· Demonstrated knowledge of design and development of digital and analog electronics.
· Proficiency with automated electrical/electronic design tools (Altium, OrCAD, PADs, etc.)
· Working knowledge of common test and emulation tools such as MatLab, LabView etc.
· Industrial controls, analog and digital I/O, communications protocols e.g. (ModBus, BacNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, DNP,
· TCP/IP and wireless e.g. Bluetooth, IEEE 802.11, Zigbee etc.)
· Application of Variable Frequency drives (VFDs) from fractional horsepower to 100KW.
· Application of induction motors in combination with VFDs from fractional horsepower to 100KW.
· Experience in power electronics design and application including VFD architectures, AC-DC converters, EMC Filters, Power Factor correction technology.
· Experience with single phase and three phase motor technologies and their association with VFDs and the application of VFD/Motor combinations in an industrial control environment.
· Experience with pumps and pumping systems.
· Experience with use and implementation of wireless communication protocols
· Practical experience with CAD tools such as ProE, Creo
· Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
· Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility